Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Summertime & Crazy Gas Prices

It is definitely summertime in the midwest! Wow! Nineties every day this week. Almost too hot to ride horses. I hope to sell my recumbent bike or featherweight sewing machine to get the money for a horse, now that I’ve discovered riding really makes my messed up back feel better. What were the odds of that?!? I can’t ride the bike because of the pelvic fracture from last September…my weight seems to be distributed right at the fracture point and it doesn’t feel too great. No sense in keeping such a beautiful bike if I can’t ride it.

Heather and I scouted out the riding trails around LaCygne Lake at Linn County Park. There are three trails, ranging from 6 to 22 miles. I can’t wait to get out and ride those! There were deer everywhere and they weren’t afraid of the car at all. I even saw a few places where the horses can go out into the lake and swim. That will be fun!

I drove by a gas station by our house in town yesterday and the price is up to $4.16! Yikes! Once I get through this week, I’m back on the bus!!

No comments: