Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Move is DONE!

I hope to never have to move again. What a ghastly ordeal. We finally have everything out of the old house and will never have to go back. Now our efforts can be put into the lake house and getting it livable. That includes getting the water trenched in so we aren’t stuck using the camper bathroom and kitchen sink. Then we’ll be doing the ceilings in the great room and media room where the leaking occurred before we bought the house. While the weather is nice the roof needs to be finished. It will be nicer than when the guys replaced the front that was leaking in 90-100 degree weather.

Finished my fingerless mitts yesterday. They only needed the ends woven in and I had procrastinated that for almost six months. Funny that it only took me about 10 minutes to weave them all in. I also have the top done on one of the matching socks and had planned to do the Jojo heel pattern, but can’t figure it out. Just looking at it, I knew I’d end up frogging, so went online and found a regular heel with the number of stitches I’m working so will do that. Both kids want mitts too so might do those as stocking stuffers for Christmas with matching socks. Of course they both want green, camo for Alex and lime green for Heather.

This weekend is my first Red Hats & Purple Chaps-MoKan, Purple Posse meeting at the Louisburg Cider Mill. I think there will be about 20 ladies there. A few are unable to come this weekend but are interested in our first event. I’d like to line up a despooking clinic but need to find a stable and trainer. The weather is supposed to be gorgeous so maybe we’ll do the corn maze! Below is a picture of the Queen Mum of the RHPC of Indiana, the original group. Aren't they gorgeous?

Driving home yesterday I saw a truck with a large tooth on top. Weird. Traffic was moving at a fast clip so I couldn’t get a quick picture to post. I’ll look tonight to see if it’s still there.

Hope to get in touch with Kim and ride this weekend. I really miss getting in the saddle and spending time with her.

No comments: